This used to be hard. Take weeks and months. Now the only hard piece is believing just how easy it is. I did the following in a matter of minutes.
- Set up a new git hub project in my account (1 minute)
- Added some UI tests I wrote last week (they took me 2 weeks to write).
- Created a Jira+Confluence account & project and wired them into Github (1 minute)
- Add content to the CMS (confluence) (5 minutes)
- Created a Slack account and wired its notifications into Github (3 minutes)
- Created a CircleCI account and wired its notifications into Github (10 minutes)
So now I can:
Have a master document in Confluence which refers to tickets which are links to…
^ Jira tickets which you can click on and immediately click through to see commits
^which you can click through to see
^ Github Change Requests which you can learn about because when they are changed by developers you get…
^ Jobs submitted to CircleCI which have…
^ Slack notifications in public channels
With most of the integration work boiling down to: